Thursday, 21 November 2013
Voting now open for People’s Choice Award
du has announced its selected finalists for the 2nd annual du Social Media Awards. The judging panel has selected three nominees each for the Social Responsibility Award, Best Video Content Award, Best Blogger Award, and Best Social Supporter of Expo 2020 Award. All finalists are also eligible to win the People’s Choice Award, for which voting opened on 20th November at nationalday.du.ae/awards.
Selected from more than 100 entrants, this year’s nominees are:
Social Responsibility Award:
– Hessa Sultan, for “1971 Team”
– Aisha Saeed Harib, for “Social Bandage”
– Hussam Mohsineh, for “ #myVOW”
Best Video Content Award:
– Saeed Mohammad Abdullah, for “WinVictoryLove” project
– Maryam Al Suwaidi, for “Don’t Leave Me”
– Abdul Rahman Al Ashab, for “Union Tree” project
Best Blogger Award:
– Hind Mezaina , for “The Culturist”
– Shamsa Al Sharif, for “Banat Zayed”
– Saleh Al Braik, for “Think Up GCC”
Best Social Supporter of Expo 2020 Award:
– Karam Raeed, for “Here is Dubai”
– Giorgio Ungana, for “A new day is coming”
– Ali Al Sayed, for “Dubomedy”
Members of the public can visit www.du.ae/awards to vote for their favourite nominee to win the People’s Choice Award. Voting is open from 20 – 25 November.
Hala Badri, Executive Vice President, Brand and Communications, du, and a member of the du Social Media Awards’ judging panel, said: “The calibre of this year’s contestants was incredibly high, showing how sophisticated the use of social media has become in the UAE. Narrowing it down to just three contestants in each category was no easy feat, but we feel we have selected nominees who truly represent the values that we wish to see in the online world, and who encourage the “spirit of the Union” in light of the upcoming UAE National Day. Our nominees have demonstrated a strong patriotic spirit and sense of loyalty to their community and nation, whose social media efforts support the vision of our leadership for the betterment of the UAE.”
The winners of the du Social Media Awards will be announced at the du National Day Forum, which will be held on 26 November at Dubai Men’s College.